Friday, April 25, 2008

Visions of the Future?

Weird thing happened earlier tonight.

I didn't get home until after the game had started, so I started watching the game on our little tv upstairs. During that time, Carlos Gomez got a bunt single and they showed him running to first in slow motion. For whatever reason, I was reminded of Jose Reyes. I don't know how many of you remember Reyes when he broke into the league, but he was very fast -- and had hamstring problems for parts of multiple seasons. As I sat watching I thought to myself, "When I get a chance to post tonight, I need to say something about my prediction that Carlos Gomez will pull a hamstring sometime soon."

Well, lo and behold, Gomez came up lame later during tonight's game. He was replaced in the lineup by Craig Monore, who immediately couldn't make a (routine-GoGo) play in center. At this point, we're not sure if it was a hamstring or what. Hopefully it will be nothing and Gomez will be back in center tomorrow. (If he's unable to, does that mean Span gets called back up?)

I will have another update after the game.

No comments: