Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Carl Crawford is a Bonehead

I don't know how many of you kept on Carl Crawford/Delmon Young feud this winter. Basically, Crawford was pleased that Young was traded. He claimed Young was a distraction, too loud and, basically, disrespectful. Young's response was along the lines of "that team sucked before I was there." To which Crawford said something like "shut up and play."

Well tonight was their first meeting against each other. I was at at workshop this evening, so I watched most of the game on DVR fast-forward. (I was able to catch up to real-time.) Regardless, the "goat" tonight was none other than Carl Crawford. Crawford made a sliding catch in the 8th inning. Great catch. The problem was, the ball was foul, there were less than 2 outs, and there was a runner on third. When Crawford made the catch, the runner on third - Young - was able to tag up and score the winning. Boneheaded move, Carl. (What's better is that Crawford also made a ridiculous base running error against the Twins last year.)

Looking at tonight's stars:
Joe Mauer - 3 for 4, 2 R, RBI. Mauer was able to end a hitting slump last night and played even better tonight. He was also able to throw a couple of runners on attempted steals.
Jason Kubel - 2 for 4, 2B, R, RBI. Kubel was able to get the offense going today. He even made a heady baserunning play that allowed him to score later. I think that his recent play has all but ended Denard Span's run as a Twin. As soon as Cuddyer can stand in the box, Span will be sent down and Kubel will play RF while Cuddyer DH's.
Bullpen - 3 IP, 2 H, 2 K, W, SV. IT'S ABOUT TIME! Maybe the fact that the Twins weren't winning was good for the 'pen. But the trio of Reyes, Rincon and Nathan performed admirably. Let's keep it going!

Other noteworthy news:
Livan Hernandez gave up 8 H and 3 BB in 6 IP. His ERA also has climbed to 3.00. I still don't think he's done... but I'm also resigned to the fact that Livan probably won't win the Cy Young this year.
GoGo Gomez stole 2 more bases. (He's at 9 for the season.) I'm not able to find the link anymore, but some idiot at Baseball America predicted that Gomez would maybe steal 20 bases this year. Maybe. I wish I could find it... oh well.

As for American Idol, Kristy Lee finally went home.
My Idol Power 6: 1. David C.; 2. David A.; 3. Jason C.; 4. Syesha M.; 5. Brooke W.; 6. Carly S.

It's been a long day, so I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Do you really like David Archuleta? his raspy voice...his flaming gay personality is freaking annnnnnnoying.

As for the Twins, you really think it'll be Span sent down? I could see the Twins releasing Monroe before sending Span down. Sure, Span went (what) 0-4 tonight, but I've liked what I've seen in Span.

Love the Crawford/Young fight, but as of now, I'd much rather have Crawford than Young. Not that I don't think Young can turn into something amazing (hell, he stole 3rd base tonight), but Crawford has been the REAL deal with the (Devil) Rays.

RRN looked good tonight, but the pitching still scares me. The top 6 guys in the lineup (once Cuddy comes back) can...and will...do amazing things. It'll be fun to watch them as they get experience.

Good to see the bullpen hold the win and good to see the hitting come along to come back from being down.

nice post ;).