Thursday, April 10, 2008

Twins Win Big

As soon as the Twins won last night, I flipped over to catch the end of the Wild game, (I fell asleep during OT) so I didn't have time to write about the game.

It was really nice to see an offensive outburst. Three stars:
Brendan Harris - 3 for 4, 2B, 3 R, BB. Although he had errors on consecutive plays, he was very good with the bat. His average is back up to .348 and he's re-solidified his hold on the Second Baseman job.

Jason Kubel - 2 for 4, HR, 6 RBI, R. Kubel got it done last night. Gardy has never played Kubel as much as many people think he should, but now he's getting a chance and he's playing very well. (Three career grand slams ain't bad for a guy this young.)

Brian Bass - 4 IP, 3 H, ER, SV. Bass's job is to eat insignificant innings. He was playing in a low-pressure situation and was able to get the job done and save the rest of the bullpen for when they'd be needed.

Tonight's game at Chicago has been cancelled due to weather.

American Idol update: I wasn't surprised at the bottom 3, but I was surprised that Michael got voted off. I am surprised that we're done to 3 guys and still have 4 girls left.

Idol Power Poll:
1. David A.
2. David C.
3. Brooke W.
4. Jason C.
5. Syesha M.
6. Kristy Lee C.
7. Carly S.

That's all I have for tonight.

No comments: