Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Idol Gives Back

American Idol is taking a night to "give back", so there won't be any eliminations until tomorrow night.

Here's my take on last night:

-Paula is ridiculous. Seriously, what do you think goes through her mind throughout the course of a day? You know, I don't care... and I don't think America does either. "Straight up now tell me that" she wouldn't get voted off tomorrow if she was a contestant.

-Simon is the man. A lot of people don't like Simon and he really could stand to feel up his "man-boobs" less than he does. But he's a straight shooter. And he's normally always right.

On to the final 8...
For as unspectacular as Jason Castro has been, his performance last night was worth watching. He weird facial expressions still get a little annoying and he sometimes seems uninterested , but I think it was good enough to go on.

Michael Johns is not going to win. But in my opinion, he sang a song last night that was good for him and he did a decent enough job to not get voted off.

The Davids were both off of their game. (Cook especially.) But I think their followings are still large enough to remain.

That leaves the girls.

Brooke-fans probably voted scared this week after she showed up in the bottom 3 last week. She started to grow on me... but for some reason, I'm just a huge fan of hers anymore.

Kristy Lee... I don't even know what to say about her anymore. She's very predictable. But she's figured out her limits. She weathered the strom during her horrible weeks and as long as she can give a decent performance, I think she'll stay alive.

All that's left is Syesha and Carly. I really like Syesha. She looks like an entertainer and she's got a big voice. I really enjoy her while she's singing... but after she's done I can't remember what she sang. And that's not a good sign. That will put her in the bottom 2.

Carly, to me, is junk. She doesn't look the part, and recently, can't sing the part. And I think that makes her a logical choice to be eliminated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the show for several weeks as nobody is all that interesting to me. Castro (after week one) was amazing, but agree that he seems very lazy. He kind of reminds me of Daughtry's attitude with AI.

Carly isn't that bad, but Archuleta is. Can't stand the guy.

But please tell me you didn't watch this tonight with the Twins game on. Choosing AI "Gives Back" over the Twins scares me just a little :p.

Jeremy said...

I've switched off the Twins game periodically. But only to check the score of the Wild game. Do you really think I'm going to miss any of a Twins game where they score 10+ runs?