Monday, April 7, 2008

Twins Get Slammed

The Twins bullpen failed them today. It was actually quite disappointing because Blackburn pitched alright and the offense got hits from 9 different players. If there is one thing that still gets me, it's the Twins grounding into double plays. (I don't understand how Gomez can manage this, as fast as he is.) So on we go...

Who dropped the ball today?
Matt Guerrier and Pat Neshek: 2 IP, 4 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 Grand Slam.
To put a positive spin on this, at least they both had their bad days the same game.
Conversely, if the White Sox figured these guys out already, what are the Twins going to do the next 17 times they play this year?

Three stars:
Mike Lamb - 2 for 4, 2 RBI, No runners left on base. Hopefully the slump is over.
Denard Span - 1 for 3, R, BB, SB. He's shown in his two games that he's capable of playing at this level. It wouldn't surprise me if he starts in place of Gomez against a tough RHP in the next week.
Matt Tolbert - Pinch hit single in the 9th. Every good thing that Tolbert does this year makes the chances of Punto returning next year that much smaller. I will be happy when Punto is strictly a pinch-runner. Tolbert is helping me get my wish.

I found an interesting bit of information while browsing ESPN.
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/features/cy

I know it's early, but that fact that some formula can put Livan this high, makes his signing ok thus far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got me...I started a blog (check the link in this comment)