Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Twins Win!!!

I didn't watch much of the game tonight. I visited my brand-new baby nephew, Colton Thomas, and now I'm watching Juno. I did listen to some of the game and kept up by watching the box score.

Anyway, it was nice to get another tally in the win column by defeating the ChiSox 3-1.

Three Stars:

Boof Bonser - 7 IP, 6 H, ER (HR), BB, 8 Ks. I can be a little hard on Boof, especially last year. But this year he's pitched very well, just hasn't gotten much help from the offense. Tonight he took matters into his own hands. As far as I can tell, his 8 Ks are the most he's had since last May.

The Bullpen - 2 IP, H, K, 18 pitches. You gotta love it when these guys come in and do exactly what they're supposed to do. I'm really on board with getting Neshek signed to a long-term deal.
Batters 5-9 - 6 for 14, 3 R, 3 RBI, 2 BB, 2B, HR. How many times last year did the bottom of the order produce, let alone win a game? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "not very often".

I know I kind of broke the rules - my 3 stars are actually 9 guys - but, hey, they are my rules and I like wins. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow. Hopefully, Blackburn will get back on track.

No comments: