Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Twins Come Back

Somehow the Twins were able to come back tonight. I'm really at a loss for words. From last season, I don't think the offense really improved that much. Plus, there is very little power. Statistically, they are almost identical (2007: 4.4 rpg, .264 BA; 2008: 4.5 rpg, .266 BA). It just seems like this year, the team is capable of scoring runs and coming-from-behind. Either way, I'll take it.

Three Stars:
Craig Monroe - Pinch Hit 3-run HR in the top of the 9th with 2 outs. Tim texts me, "WOW!" Sheryl texts me and says, "Oh my gosh!" I say, "Hell yeah!" One swing of the bat is enough to get noticed here. (PS: I never said the Twins shouldn't give Craig Monroe $3.82 million this year... ok, fine, I did... but I'm beginning to be ok with it.)
Justin Morneau - 1 for 5, go-ahead HR. Yeah, so 1-5 isn't great, but the "1" was the game-winner, so the hockey player from Canada gets a little recognition. (And with Mauer's 0-fer, Morneau is only 10 BA pts behind him.)
The Bullpen - 4 IP, 3 H. The collection of Rincon, Korecky, Reyes, Crain and Nathan deserves some credit. Livan hung the team out to dry, and all too often in those types of situations the bullpen doesn't stop the bleeding. Tonight it did. It just so happened that the offense got the team back into the game.

Kevin Slowey tomorrow night goes for the sweep.

No comments: