Friday, March 28, 2008

Stephen Curry

I guess I was a little off on my Wisconsin prediction. But to be completely honest, I just didn't see Stephen Curry torching UW the way he did. I mean this is Wisconsin. And they play Wisconsin defense. To Curry's credit, he is the best player the Badgers saw all year. (Prove me wrong!) Even though every intelligent person watching the game knew he was going to be the guy taking the shots, he was still able to get the ball and get good looks... and make some unbelievable shots. (Did anyone else see LeBron say, "I want that guy!"? Ok, I didn't either, but you know he was thinking it.)

All in all, it's too bad that Stephen Curry wasn't recruited by a big-time college, but I really believe he's getting more exposure this way then if we playing for, say, Duke. He has become a legitimate NBA prospect. (NBAdraft.net projects him as a late-first round pick in 2009.) My only question is, if he played for the Wolves, would he be their best player right now?

(Not many saw this coming, only 3 or 293 entries in my pool had Davidson going to the Elite 8. I know, I know, I never did. But I did on my Facebook bracket!)

No comments: