Friday, March 28, 2008

Another round of NCAA picks

I'm back to blogging after a short hiatus. (Apparently google had to confirm that I was a human, and not spam.)

4 for 4 last night. Although, I think tonight's games are much harder. I'll see if my luck continues...

Davidson vs. Wisconsin
-Wisconsin fans travel well, but Davidson College is paying for students who want to go. I think that will minimize the "home feel" that Wisconsin would have had. Personally, I'm torn between being a Wisconsin guy and having picked Davidson as my dark horse. I'm hoping that Curry and Co. will keep it close, but I have a feeling that the Badgers will pull away and win by 12.

Stanford vs. Texas
-I would have loved to see Marquette playing Texas, but I guess I'll have to settle for the Cardinal. I think it would be a close game on a "neutral" court, but I don't think Houston is very neutral. And after last night I don't think the Pac-1o is as tough as we believed previously. I'm taking Texas by 10.

Villanova vs. Kansas
-Kansas usually finds a way to choke early in the tournament... but I think they're a deeper team now then they have been in the recent past. I like the way Scottie Reynolds plays, but he's going to have to have a Curryesque performance tonight to give Villanova a chance. Kansas in a 2o point route.

Michigan St. vs Memphis
-There's nothing like watching two of college basketball's best coaches go head-to-head. If Drew Neitzel was even a lick of consistent, I'd take the Spartans 10 out of 10 times. Unfortunately, he's brutally inconsistent. But, he's a senior, and that has to count for something. I like the Spartans chances. If they can keep it close, Memphis will blow it at the free throw line, and I think that has a good chance of happening. Michigan St. by 6.

I plan on posting later tonight about the Twins.

No comments: