Thursday, June 19, 2008

Twins Sweep Nats!

First of all, in some minor Twins news, AAA IF Chris Basak wasn't on the Rochester roster when I looked at it today. He hasn't been very good this year -- or really ever -- and isn't considered a prospect. I couldn't find out what happened to him; all I knew is that he appears on the Yankees AAA roster.

I invite you to read this blog: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/blogs/extrabases/

It explains Basak's "sale" and goes on to complain about how the Twins have handled things this with their Triple-A affiliate this year. You should also read the comments. I, not afraid of confrontation, chimed in with some thoughts. I have to say that turned my early night into a semi-late one; but it was well worth it.

Onto the team that really matters:

THE TWINS!

Yeah, the Twins pulled off a sweep off the Nationals today. It was an afternoon game, and I haven't seen any highlights, so I'm going to name my three stars based on the play-by-play update that I followed on the internet:
Michael Cuddyer - 2 for 2, 2 BB, 2B, 3B, 2 R, 2 RBI. Fill 'er up, Cuddy! Enough with the trade Cuddyer talks, he's starting to swing a hot bat again. And I like his rocket-arm. My mom has always been a huge Cuddy fan -- even back when all he did was strike out and ground out to the second baseman. Me, I took a while... but for now, Cuddy, you're ok with me!
Glen Perkins - 8 IP, 10 H, 3 ER, BB, 2 K, 106 pitches. How can I not talk about the former Pony? This is the second good start in a row; and the longest of his career. Too many hits, but a win is a win... most of the time anyway.
Brian Buscher - 2 for 3, R, 2 RBI. That "ticking" you hear is the clock on Mike Lamb's career as a Twin winding down. I still think it's a ways off, but it's easier to justify releasing $6.6 million than it is to never play $6.6 million... in my opinion anyways.

The Twins open their series with the D-backs tomorrow night. I will be heading their early to add to my bobblehead collection. I'm also pretty excited to see Scott Baker face off with future-Hall-of-Famer Randy "Big Unit" Johnson. I saw Johnson pitch once before (with the M's -- who had Griffey and A-Rod at the time) and he's only a sliver of what he used to be. But it will still be fun.

Anyway, let's all keep our fingers crossed that my wife doesn't go into labor in the next 24 hours.

In other big blog news -- I've now officially seen a link to my blog show up on a blog roll. And a pretty popular blog at that. If you head over to Taylor's Twins Talk, you will see a link to my blog... and I'm not even at the very bottom! Good times.

Have a good night!

No comments: