Friday, June 20, 2008

Twins beat Big Unit

The Twins beat Arizona 7-2 tonight on Dan Gladden Bobblehead Day.

Let me tell you about the Bobblehead first. Tim, a college buddy of mine, and I had discussed when we should arrive at the Dome. We used our previous five ventures as a guide and we decided that last year's Friday night bobblehead game - Joe Mauer - was going to be a little more popular than Gladden. I think we got to Mauer's at 10:00 (or before) and we were about 30 feet back leaning on the yellow posts. This year, we figured if we got there at 1:00, we should be in good shape. I guess you could say we were right. We got there a little bit before one, and there were about a dozen people at the gate we wait at. I think by about 3:30 our line had made it to the yellow posts. Needless to say, we didn't need to get there as early as we did. I'm also fairly certain that people that arrived at the Dome at 6:30 got the bobblehead. Oh well, I guess.

After watching the game and looking at the box score, I really think that tonight was a total team effort. Eight players got hits, six players scored runs and five players knocked in runs. Without giving you stats, I'd say Craig Monroe, Matt Macri and Scott Baker all had performances that stood out. And that's not even fair because Macri only played three innings.

Anyway, on my way home I ended up on a road that was unfamilar to me. It took me much longer to get home than it should have. So I'm tired and going to bed.

Have a good night!

No comments: