Thursday, September 11, 2008

A new post!

It's been almost two weeks since my last post. I've thought a lot about getting on here, I just haven't had the chance. You see, most websites are blocked at school, so that really limits my blogging from there. When I get home from football, it's usually after six... and by the time the kids go to bed, I'm too tired to think, let alone write anything productive.

The local football squad improved to 2-0. We start conference tomorrow night. We've played pretty well... better than in the past, but not well enough to fulfill our (and others) expectations. We have a strong group of 18 seniors, so if there is going to be a year to win some games, it better be this one.

The Twins have been hot and cold, and currently sit at 1.5 games behind the White Sox. The White Sox couldn't do much more to help the Twins: Carlos Quentin broke his wrist, Paul Konerko got hurt... it's just the bullpen isn't pulling its weight and because of that, the team is spinning their tires. My gut feeling says the Twins will be on the outside looking in, but then again, what does my gut really know?

The kids are doing good. Cade is getting big. The doctor said he's in the 95th percentile for both height and weight. He's at something like 14.5 lbs and 25 inches. He's making gains on Marin in a hurry. Marin continues to be a goofball... but she says the most adorable things. In response to "I love you", she'll often say "Love you too much". I get a kick out of it everytime I hear it. It's little things like that that make me wish she'd stay this age forever. That and things like her not being able to make the "f" sound. So she hurt her "soot", or she ate her "sood", or daddy is coaching "sootball".

Oh, in my fantasy world I was 2-2 opening week. I can handle that, but I expect better. I also didn't fair great on my picks of the games. Of course, I expect to pick every game right, so a couple wrong irritates me.

Anyhow, I'm going to leave it at that. Thanks for stopping by. If you're looking to listen to some new, local music, check out www.myspace.com/davidjamesstewart. It's a friend of mine who is pretty good.

Until I write again, have a good one!

No comments: