Saturday, July 19, 2008

Twins Win Big

Tonight's 14-2 victory was very exciting. Being in the Metrodome with 35,000 other people was also quite the time.

Three Stars:
Justin Morneau - 2 for 4, 2B, HR, 2 R, 5 RBI, BB. All I can say is, "MVP!"
Livan Hernandez - 7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, BB, 2 K. I think he has earned another start. Oh, and this was his 10th victory.
Delmon Young - 3 for 5, HR, 2 R, 2 RBI. I was especially excited after Young's 3rd hit, which put him at .300 for the year. His line-out in the 8th dropped him back to .299. (Side note: Delmon absolutely destroyed the ball during BP. In my opinion, more impressive than Josh Hamilton even. And yes, my friend Tim did catch two of his BP Home Runs... in the air.)

According to LaVelle E. Neal III, the Twins will not be trading for Adrian Beltre. Apparently the price is too high. If the price, in fact, would be one of the four youngsters in the rotation, then yes - that is too high.

Neal suggested this afternoon that the Twins "are also on the lookout for bullpen help, an area some people in the organization feel is a greater need. There are a few out there. Jon Rauch of the Nationals is one."

If the name "Jon Rauch" rings a bell, it's probably because I suggested yesterday that the Twins may have interest in him. (I'm not suggesting that the Star Tribune hire me, but I would have broke that news for an earlier edition.)

Also of note (and new to me), Neal believes that four of the Twins top prospects are out for the year: Tyler Robertson, Chris Parmelee, Joe Benson and Deibinson Romero. I will be the first to say that none performed to expecations and all will probably dropped on prospect lists. Ok, I'm probably not the first to say that.

Going for the sweep tomorrow!

No comments: